Sunday, May 31, 2015

glued some foam to the traveler

I started to day with unpacking the front trampoline tubes, and it looked very good. I then started with sawing the foam triangle for the traveler. I glued them with putty against the traveler. Next thing was the entrance where I made the vertical sliding edges. In the afternoon I started to make the sides of the comings eagle. Finally I glued some rest foam piece together so I can cut the stern bulkhead of it.


Saturday, May 30, 2015

laminated the front trampoline tubes

In the morning I prepared the front tubers tubes and put some tacky tape on the hull and sealed the port holes. While I was doing that Fetske did cut the carbon , peel ply, breather film and breather cloth. In the afternoon we laminated the tubes and were relative quick finished. After the tea break Fetske went home and I glue some foam together to put this tomorrow against the traveler bar. I finally put the underside of entrance edge in place. Tomorrow I will do the sides.


Friday, May 29, 2015

installed some headknockers

Today I started with tapping the bow tubes on the outside and inside. On the inside they were taped to the front stay web and the underside of the deck. In the afternoon I glued the traveler bar, the outside is on head height so I think I will knock my head some time. I will put some soft foam around them when they are dry. The kitchen panel is now also glued. I made a flange for the floor panel so it can be easier glued in.





Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

unpacking the work of yesterday

We were curious how our work looked after the vacuum. The result is very nice only some minor wrinkles at the ends some little sanding will do the job. The bow tube are also well done and I only need to cut of the extra edges. They can be glued in Friday.

  

Monday, May 25, 2015

laminating bow tubes and mid lashing tubes

Today I started with unpacking the nose and it looks very nice. The bow tubes must have some extra laminated to get in spec so I put  two turns of biaxial laminated on it. In the afternoon we laminated the mid lashing tubes. The first one we did together. Will I was closing the vacuum back Fetske started with the other side. When the vacuum was put on the first one I started to help Fetske to do the final pieces and put the peel ply and the rest of the vacuum stuff.


Sunday, May 24, 2015

nose job

Today we did give the boat a nose job, yesterday we did come back from two days of sailing and on the end of that I cut the carbon pieces for the nose. Tomorrow the bandage can come of so we could see how see looks. In the afternoon we prepared the taping for the mid trampoline tube for tomorrow. On the after side I made three pieces of UD carbon around the tube to the inside, this part get strong forces when you step out of the boat in the trampoline, I know this from experience when I did break some RVS bolt on this place on Thrill Seeker especially when the trampoline is tight fit.








Friday, May 22, 2015

various jobs

During the week I did some various small jobs so as put some more putty on the lasing tubes, forming the front, making some panels and to day making the panel fit. As last I glued the vertical panel in, the top is still loose.


Sunday, May 17, 2015

forming the bow and taping

We sailed three days with Thrill Seeker and on the end of the third day I glued the tubes in the bow and put some putty on the bow and the chain plates.
Today I started with rounding the bow and gluing some foam on the vertical tube so I can form that to later. The bow looks already promising. After that I started to make a mock up for the kitchen so I good measure it for the foam panels and cut them. The mock up is not seen on the pictures because it was in the way for the taping of the panels and the front bulkhead taping.


Tuesday, May 12, 2015

glued some panels in

I was a little bit early from work so I only glued some panels in and shaped the chain plates. The bottom panel is not glued in so I can determine where the access holes have to come.




 

Sunday, May 10, 2015

glued the front bulkhead half in place

In the morning I first sanded the edges the one I made yesterday and made them fit. Next thing was to drill the drain holes in the corners and finally I glued the bulkhead half in and made some fillets on the outside. Taping and fillets for the inside will come later when the rest is hard. In the afternoon we went to Thrill Seeker to do some sailing and put the final bits on board but when we did arrive I realised that we had forgotten the sheets. So no sailing but we had enough to do with some lines to fit because of a different setup. On the end of the day everything was working fine again.