Saturday I started with unpacking of the work of friday. After that I made a start with cutting the edge of the excessive foam but came to the conclusion that the laminate was not hardened enough. So I stopt with that en started to pull the peel ply around front bulkhead where the extra layer must come. After that I started to clean out the top floor so I could remove some more planks what are in the way to lower the other half.
I then had mishap that the latter did fall with me on it. I did hurt my shoulder, neck and back. A long story short was that the weekend was over for doing things and I spend the rest of the days laying on the couch . During the last days it was going better by the time even so good that I decided to race coming weekend with Thrill Seeker, so no building updates in the coming weekend.
Friday, August 22, 2014
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Today I first scrape the putty what I did yesterday and after that I started to measure where all the HD piece had to come. For the other half I did take some notes and pictures so it was not so difficult. I then cut some HD pieces and glued them with PU glue.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Today it was a long day, first we unpacked our work of yesterday and after that it took me the rest of the day to put all the foam for the deck in place, after dinner I did some putty in the corners so I can scrape it tomorrow and place the HD pieces.
Friday, August 15, 2014
Over the week I did some small things in the evening like placing the HD foam for the mast raising and putty some corners so that I could laminate the side today. This session took us three and a half hour and we had a nice vacuum. Tomorrow I can start to place the foam for the deck.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
We first unpacked the work of yesterday and cut of the extra foam at the bottom. I then started to mount the battens for the side foam panels. The panel mounting went very quick because you can mount 120 cm wide panels and they are almost flat so you don't need heat to form. I glued the panels together with PU glue and the seams were later done with putty. The HD piece for the diagonal braces are placed also, I only have to fit the mast raising HD pieces but had no time anymore so this will be for the next time.
Saturday, August 9, 2014
We do the inside in three stages, this is better to manage than in two as we did with the other half. Still this part is very tiresome because you have to reach fare but not so much as with the first part the other half. That took us seven hours. This time it took us five hours.
Friday, August 8, 2014
This weekend is not the nicest weather to sail so we are building again. I started to scrape and sanding all the putty. This did take few hours of hard labor and sweat. On the end of the day I put the tacky tape on the edges of the foam and made a start with the cut of some peel ply and breeder folly. Tomorrow I cut the rest of the stuff.