Sunday, May 26, 2013

taping takes longer than expected

Wednesday and thursday I mounted the rudder web and friday and sunday I tape almost the remaining seams. I have to do only two tapes, one an gused and one in the front on the upside. Friday we also reinforced the underside of the foil case. Saturday and sunday we went for a sail, we should to have a race but there were only three boats and one was not going to race because the wind was too strong for the small boat. We decided not to race with only two boats. We stayed the night on that place with my friend and his boat. Next morning we went home again against the wind in 23kns wind it felt like autumn.

Jaap is preparing his Dragonfly 28








This went broke after 2,5 year
just outside guarantee
Tool for taping the front brush
 on a stick

Monday, May 20, 2013

Fit canting rig option

Yesterday and today we went for a sail with Thrill Seeker, The sunday was not so bad but today we had rain, poor visibility, low temperature and no wind. So we motored to our home harbor and went home. I then decided that I could finish the chainplate, so I did.




Saturday, May 18, 2013

small things takes time

The stern is made ready for the rudder mount, it had to be made stronger with one extra layer. Taped the bottom of the section between the chainplate and the back bulkhead, I made a other temporary access hole to make it easier to tape.
I had to grind some carbon from the chainplate because there were some air bubbles in the laminate.
I the made HD foam around the chainplate and put the piece for the canting rig option in place. Then Fetske helped me to put the carbon offcuts around the foil case, that are many pieces to get 12mm thickness solid carbon.







Friday, May 17, 2013

Taping the inside

I did some taping of the stern, bulkheads and the chainplate. Before I did cut the beam and access holes.
Hope to finish the rest tomorrow.







Sunday, May 12, 2013

out of the frames

First we had to unscrew a lot off screws before we could lift the float out of the frames, we had to use some force because It was stick on the battens with some putty. The battens have packing tape on it so if you get some space it pops out. After hoisting it to the sealing we dismantled the frames and cleaned the space.
We put back frames 6 and 12 and lowered the float. I Had to shorten extra foam off the float because it would not fit. We cleaned the edges from the putty. The front of the bow was not exactly on place so I glued it again holding in place with belts. This time nice alinend.





When you walk in the door
you see this



Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bond together

First I had some plumbing todo (vent tubes), this did cost what more time than with the other float because I could not lay it flat. After the drying we could bonds the float halfs together, directly after I taped the middle section to getter.







Friday, May 10, 2013

last things for bonding together

Last days I did some small jobs to prepare for bonding the hulls together. The foilcase take some more time because it has to be exact, first I put it in place with some HD putty if has hardened I make a nice filled with HD putty and laminat some carbon over it.
I hope to bond the thing tomorrow so after that the frame can be dismantled and give some room.




Sunday, May 5, 2013

Laminating the inside of float hull four


I started today with scraping the putty. After that I had to cut some carbon pieces, most of them were already cut. The next thing then was cutting peel ply, breeder foli and breeder cloth. After the lunch we started with the laminating. I had put the camera on a interval of four minutes, the flash light was on so the battery did not make it to the end. Started with laminating at 15:30 and were finished at 19:15.

click on the picture to see the movie 

Saturday, May 4, 2013

finishing float half four

Today the new water heater arrived so we could finish the float half. I did make a movie of it till I reached the filling with putty and then the accu of the camera was empty, I did not start with a full accu. Finished the putty so maybe tomorrow we can laminate the inside.
The camera takes every two minutes a picture.

click on the picture to see the movie